Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Unhappy Valentine's Day....

The 'day of love' turned out to be anything but.  It's just lucky that my 'human communication vessel' was in the right place at the right time and heeded my 'call'.

For on the very day that love is paramount, my paramours, a poor, suffering feline was dumped to die in a parking lot.  This was a pet - he wasn't feral, he wasn't wild - in fact, he was as affectionate as could be.  But here he was, crying, dying, in a parking lot, abandoned in a box, trying to crawl his way to anywhere but here.  A faithful, loving pet, abandoned.  He could barely move, and only managed a few feet.  That's when I stepped in and sent in my troop.  She found him, lying there, and spoke gently to him, as he struggled to lift his head to her voice.  She stroked him, so gently, and he rolled his head into her hand as if to say, thank you, thank you for being here, don't leave me.  There's only so much I can do from 'up here', but this time I could be sure that this poor, suffering old one didn't die alone.  Die, he did, but knowing the gentle touch and love of a stranger at the end, instead of the love of his family.  How sad, how disgusting, how unnecessary - they should be ashamed.

Rest in peace, my furry one - I'm going to welcome you home.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrible thing to do!!! I hope they find the same fate one day. There is no excuse for their actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so saddened to hear this story.
    It hurts me to know what the soul must have felt
    while it knew that the owners wouldn't come back
    if they were harsh enough to abandon him, but to
    keep wanting another moment of affection from them
    even if it meant something so momentary.

    I thank God the cat did not have to leave his body
    all alone in the parking lot, and had you to warm
    him as he left for a better place.

    ReplyDelete