Monday, May 30, 2011

What do you mean "it must be a full moon".......???????

Lately I've been hearing everyone say "it must be a full moon".  What are they talking about?  Is it supposed to be bad thing?  All I know is, back in my dumpster-diving days, it was much easier to see by the light of a full moon (well, actually, smell was more important than see), but you get the picture.

Evidently, strange things happen when there's a full moon.  Like somebody saying they found a dog on a freeway and stopped to pick up the poor thing and bring it to the shelter.  A real Mr. Nice Guy, or so it seemed.  Turns out, it was his adult son's dog and he was tired of it so instead of doing the respectable thing, he lied and 'abandoned' the handsome lab.  Thankfully, the son and his wife thought to call us, and the dog is safely with friends until their new home is ready.  Can you believe it?  And this stuff happens all the time.  I must look into this 'full moon' theory a bit more.......  One of our nice volunteers checks the calendar before she reports for duty - just in case!
 
Must be 'we don't want our Labrador Retriever week'.  A really cute white Lab puppy just came in from one of our cities.  The owners didn't want the 7 month old anymore because he was 'un-trainable'.  When I first saw him, he was absolutely out of control.  The owners said they took him for training - he even had a graduation certificate - but they said the training 'didn't work'.  They paid their fee and off they went.  Poor pup.  One of our staff members here at the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society asked if he could try to get 'K' to settle down.  So I said sure, why not. (Ok, ok, I didn't actually say it, but I would have if I could speak human.)  We all watched - in utter amazement - as 'K' sat, lay down, and stayed, on command.  The dog was trained.  Obviously someone forgot to train the owners.  Personally, I know they would have failed.  Yes, as I preside over the goings on in the office (when I'm awake, that is) my keen sense of perception is unbelievable!  Or is it believable?  Hmmm..... I've confused myself.  Must meditate.
 

The office staff is always frustrated when people pick up lost pets but don't take them to the correct shelter for the area they find them in.  How will they ever get back home if they're not in the right place?  (A microchip would help here, people, hint, hint.)  Please, please, please, be sure all lost and stray animals go to the shelter that covers the city they are found in because that is where their families will look for them.  We want them to be able to go home.  There's no place like home.........

No comments:

Post a Comment