Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's July? Already?


Hmmm, how did half a year go by so quickly?  Was I busy?  Did I sleep through it?  Did I eat treats through it?  (I wish!)  All I know is that it's already July, and I  haven't accomplished much so far this year.  Yes, my office dominance continues, albeit not quite the same without Denzel.  If you're going to dominate someone (humans are easy - they don't even realize they're succumbing to my charms!), then Denzel is truly a formidable foe.  I hear he's loving life in his forever home, eating cilantro (maybe he's really a vegetarian?), scrambled eggs, but not people anymore.

There's Edward, he was never too crazy about Denzel - it was a guy thing - but he usually gives me wide berth. (He does have a bit of wide berth, or is it girth, to give!  Sorry Edward, I couldn't resist!)  I promised to introduce you to him, so here he is in much of his glory!

Keeping on top of my paperwork!







                

               Watching birdies!
              
 
Do you think this outfit makes me look fat?
We like to have fun with Edward, much to his mom's dismay.  (But I made them do it!)
You lied!  I do look fat!

But all in all, I like Edward, and he's almost as renowned at the shelter as I am.  People ask for us and smile when they see us and hear our stories.  You've heard about my dumpster-diving days and my subsequent rescue, and Edward was a baby kitten at the shelter about 6 years ago or so and was very, very sick.  But now he's quite robust and healthy, just hoping for that very special person and home to call his own.

Speaking of which, we have over 200 dogs and cats waiting for their special person to come and adopt them forever.  I can't believe that people aren't frantic when one of their 'family' goes missing, and all these dogs and cats didn't have someone to love them and keep them safe as much as they should have.  Sad but true.

I for one, shall carry on the crusade for no more homeless pets, and shall direct my minions to go forth and educate.  First comes spay/neuter, then comes commitment people.  A lifetime commitment, just like I have!
I love you guys!
Hard at work, hardly working! But don't I look official???!!! 
And quite young, I might add!  Looking good for 16!


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's very cool to see you have a blog! I am going to put you on my blogroll so I can keep up.

    We're checking out your site looking for a friend for our little choxie and I was glad to see this link.

    Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete