Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Always Something......

I know most times I look very serene and 'above it all', but let me tell you, you wouldn't believe the things I see and hear in this front office! And it's always one extreme or the other.  Most humans really, really, really love their pets - but to some, they are completely disposable.  A poor pet was dumped at the door last night in a taped up box filled with grocery bags, but it got out and ran off.  What do you think is going to happen to that poor fellow - nothing good, I say.

I try to do my furry godmother wand thing as much as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't work.  How I wish I could find a loving home for every unwanted cat and dog just by waving my, well, you know how it goes. 

It's quiet at the shelter now, the dogs are snuggled in their blankies and beds, the kitties have had their treats, and I shall keep watch till morning when my adoring staff returns.  I sure hope they buy me more of those freeze-dried ocean fishy treats - the chicken is ok but not as good.  I spoke too soon - there goes the copier - Denzel is making 623 copies of blank papers.  I think he does it just to see the office staff run in to stop it!  You never see him laugh, but I can tell he is, he just has a good poker face.  Hmmm, I think there's a song about that or something.  I may be 'mature' but I'm hip!  Or is it 'hip hop'?????  Isn't that a bunny thing?  Ooooh, Easter's coming!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Denzel is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee heee i like the Easter Bunny he poops jelly beans...ummm not sure if they are warm when they come out tho???? i guess no one is around when that happens! LOL Mel from Health Technology.

    ReplyDelete